Parking has been announced for Obama’s visit Sunday. Parking for people attending the rally at Central High School will be available at Sacred Heart University, where free shuttle buses will be provided starting at 12 noon.
The school is located at 5151 Park Ave Fairfield, CT 06825. Once on campus cars should make the first right and follow the road all the way down until you see a large parking lot a head of you. Free shuttle buses will run from this spot. Car pooling is highly recommended.
Limited neighborhood street parking is available around Central High School, posted restrictions will apply (See below).
Limited onsite parking will also be available for guests with disabilities at Central High School and can be accessed from the intersection of Madison Avenue and Beers St.
BRIDGEPORT – City officials announced Friday the proposed street and parking closures in advance of President Barack Obama’s visit to the Park City Sunday.
Obama is set to visit Central High School at 3:30 p.m. during a campaign rally with Governor Dannel P. Malloy where the democratic party is hoping he can fire up voters just days before election day.
“The safety and security of President Obama, kids, and families in our city is our top priority,” said City Council President Tom McCarthy and Councilman Howard Austin Sr, in a statement released by the City. “So please follow the rules laid out by the Secret Service and Bridgeport Police Department. Thanks for your cooperation.”
As a result the Secret Service and the City of Bridgeport have announced the following street and parking closures before and after the event.
- On-street parking ban: On Sunday, a mandatory on-street parking ban will be in effect for all vehicles on the following streets: Capitol Avenue (between Lindley Street and Park Avenue); Lincoln Boulevard (between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue); and Taft Avenue (between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue).
- Towing: For streets within the parking ban, vehicles will be towed starting at 8:00AM – 8:00PM on Sunday, November 2.
- Driving restrictions and recommendations: All streets within the parking ban area will be closed. And, motorists are strongly encouraged to avoid Main Street and Madison Avenue.
- Route recommendations: Traffic will likely be heavy across the city due to street closures. But if you’re driving on Sunday, the best route to travel through in this area is Park Avenue.
- Parking for ticketholders: Ticket holders SHOULD NOT park in the lots at Harbor Yard. The location for parking will be announced later today. People with questions should contact 203-576-7671.
- Tickets: Nobody will be admitted into the event without a ticket, and even for ticketholders, there will be no parking at Central High School.