Cross post HatCityBLOG
Republican Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton said Maturo should dismantle and rebuild his police department.
“There seems to be a pervasive attitude, at least among some members of the department, and I would take it apart and start from scratch,” Boughton said. “Regarding the comments by the mayor, they were completely insensitive, totally inappropriate and just wrong. He has apologized, but one of your most-important jobs is understanding your constituency and listening to them.”
Understanding your constituency and listening to them?!? This comes from the same mayor who:
- Openly embraced members of the area’s xenophobic anti-immigrant hate-group, turned his back on immigrant right supporters while at the same time stating to the general public that the same group should not have a seat at the table when it came to the issue of illegal immigration.
- Refused to meet with the multitude of residents who opposed his plan to enter the city into the 287g/ICE ACCESS program while falsely accusing media outlets who wrote editorials in opposition of his plan of irresponsible reporting.
- Used the topic of illegal immigration to ram through an irresponsible parade ordinance, abused his power as mayor to block the BI-PARTISAN majority of the council attempts to fix the ordinance (although he has admitted to the public that the ordinance in it’s present form is flawed).
- LIED and LIED about the city’s role in the Danbury 11 case.
- Stood by his racist hand-picked City Clerk who had no problem displaying his support for the most disgusting element of the city’s population.
- …and RAN AND HID from the media for over a day while it was exposed that his majority leader of the city council (Pauline Basso) and his hand-picked member of the Planning Commission (Joel Urice) forwarded a series of highly offensive and racist emails to others.
And to pour salt on the wound, Boughton still supports the morons who forwarded the racist emails ALTHOUGH one of the persons responsible for the blow-up refused to apologize for his role in the incident opting instead to blaming others for exposing his bigotry.
Boughton is a REAL piece of work…the only difference between him and the bonehead from East Haven is that Boughton’s not stupid enough let to spew his true feelings about the immigrant population to the press.