There is still time to visit the Fairfield Museum this holiday season and experience the magic of the Holiday Express Model Train Show. Visitors to the museum will see model trains travel through villages, up and down mountainsides, and across snowy fields. The Museum is open Monday – Friday from 10 am to 1 pm. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm. They are closed on New Year’s Day.
This year to keep visitors safe they have made a few changes to this year’s show.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are for specific dates and times. Each ticket allows for a 50-minute visit. Due to capacity restrictions, we will not allow walk-ins, so please purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets will be released each Sunday for the following week.
- Museum Members and Children 5 and younger are FREE. Members will be required to show their Museum membership card at the entrance. To become a member please click here for more information.
- Tickets for nonmembers 6 and older are $5 per person.
To order tickets visit our calendar and select a date: https://www.fairfieldhistory.org/events-calendar/
Visitors to the Holiday Express Train Show will be required to abide by the following safety precautions:
- When you arrive at the Fairfield Museum for your scheduled visit, please wait in your car until the time on your ticket. Visitors will not be allowed to wait in our lobby before their tour time.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear masks that cover their nose and mouth for the entire time of their visit.
- When you enter the Museum, please follow the signs to line up at 6-foot intervals to check-in.
- When visiting the Train Show, please stay with your family group and maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- You are welcome to visit the Museum’s exhibition galleries and Museum Shop, but please maintain social distance from other visitors.
- Following your visit, surfaces in the public areas of the Museum will be disinfected before the next group of visitors arrives.
This festive event is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays. The gift shop is also open and has an interesting array of Fairfield and railroad related gifts.