- Who, when, whatever: Crunch at Sound Tigers, Arena at Harbor Yard, 7 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Crunch / Lindsay Kramer
- Box score: Uh-huh (R: Howard, Tapper; L: N.Briganti, E.Ernst). Andrew Howard and Anthony Tapper have each worked only one Bridgeport game apiece; for Howard, coincidentally, that was Syracuse’s visit here last spring. (They’re also scheduled to work together Friday in Springfield when Bridgeport’s up there.)
- Game notes: Guess who’s back? Back again? Bobo. Bobo Carpenter is expected to make his season debut tonight. (Tell whoever you’d like.) And, yes, that other guy is back in town. Playing timetable to be determined for Josh Ho-Sang. Story in the weekly tomorrow and online on the Insider. Simon Holmstrom appears close, too. Dragging down that injured list.
- Meh, what else is going on: Fooball. Yeah, still, kinda. Then high school hockey. I have enough trouble with one thing at once. Saturday was a special day, though. We got a heck of a game in New Britain, but in Trumbull, what a story Newtown-Darien became. (There is lots here about the whole weekend, and if you haven’t read Jeff Jacobs’ columns off the weekend, go now; we’ll wait.) Meanwhile back in hockey, Matt Moulson is a playing captain for the AHL All-Star Game. And the week after that, Springfield becomes the Ice-O-Topes. Funny thing: I guarantee you I’d remember not to call them the Falcons if their nickname was the Ice-O-Topes.
- RIP: Doug Woog, Vladimir Tsyplakov, Scot Kleinendorst and Hayden Fry.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: (Cripes.) Friday?
Not there, but believe this is right:
F: Ladd-St. Denis-Durandeau
D: Wotherspoon-Burroughs (C)
— Michael Fornabaio (@fornabaioctp) December 19, 2019