Wait, did I — oh boy
- Who, when, whatever: Sound Tigers at Ice-O-Topes, Springfield (Mass.) Civic Center, 7 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the T-birds / Ryan Smith / Matt Wiernasz
- Box score: I guess (R: Reneau, Schrader; L: N.Briganti, Simeon)
- Game notes: Well, some stuff has gone down since we last gathered here. This morning, Bridgeport traded John Stevens to Utica for the ever-popular Future Considerations. Stevens didn’t get on much of a roll here this year: had some good games, as usual; had an injured stretch, as often happened. Hopefully he can get things rolling with the Comets. Bridgeport also sent Arnaud Durandeau to Worcester earlier this week; he’d played 19 of the first 38 games, which I guess means he has played a quarter of a season. OK, that’s up front. On the back end, the Islanders sent Sebastian Aho back to Bridgeport on Thursday. The Big Club plays Saturday at home and Monday in Manhattan, so it’s an easy hop back if necessary. (You know, provided that nothing weird happens.) Bridgeport is without Kyle Burroughs tonight and tomorrow, suspended for a hit on Joe Snively in Hershey on Sunday. Some of that is in the weekly notebook. Also in there are some injury notes, with the potential for Christopher Gibson and Steve Bernier returns sooner than later, with Josh Ho-Sang (at least at that point) termed day-to-day, and some other bits. Also had a little from Oliver Wahlstrom in there on coming back from the WJC. Talked to a couple of players for a midseason report, which included a fun little story from the end of Tuesday’s practice.
- Meh, what else is going on: The ECHL All-Star rosters included a few familiar names. Parker Milner, former Sound Tigers goalie, is going. Jordan Samuels-Thomas of West Hartford, formerly of Quinnipiac, represents Worcester. Peter Quenneville is David’s brother, who briefly played for the Bobcats, too. Carter Verhaeghe has an NHL hat trick. Pekka Rinne has a goal. And there aren’t as many old Sound Tigers pictures up at The Rinks at Shelton as there used to be, but I got a kick out of this one.
- RIP, Buck Henry, George Nicolau, Pete Hotchkiss, Neil Peart and Pete Dye.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: Tomorrow.
Sound Tigers in Springfield tonight are something like:
S.Holmstrom-St. Denis-Ladd (A)
Bernier (lower) missed the past 29 games.
— Michael Fornabaio (@fornabaioctp) January 11, 2020