- Who, when, whatever: Wolf Pack at Sound Tigers, Arena at Harbor Yard, Saturday, 3 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Pack / Bob Crawford
Box score: Sure (R: Sandlak, Riley; L:
- Game notes: Saturday’s was a fascinating game. You take the lead, I told Brent Thompson, they come back, you come back, not where you want to be at the end, but…. how do you look at this one? “Listen, you look at the game, we had probably about a five-minute lapse where we weren’t tight to our game plan. Mistakes happen on both sides. Just eliminating how many you do is the biggest part,” he said. “Our guys competed, which is what we’ve been preaching a lot lately. … And we didn’t quit. … We just kept pushing, kept pushing. Our power play did a great job tonight. You look at the game, the big picture: As far as giving one away, I thought we earned that point.” The straight gamer might’ve played in October, but the real reason I wanted to write something Saturday was the return of Cal Clutterbuck and Thomas Hickey to the ice, so it um goes behind the paywall, but sign up, please, hey. Their status for today was to be determined this morning, how they were feeling. (Scheduled post.) One more game until the trade deadline. The Islanders can make up to four regular recalls after 3 p.m. on Monday, not including bringing Clutterbuck back up and off injured reserve. We’ll see who else is still here after the deadline. One never knows.
- Meh, what else is going on: You guys. YOU GUYS. David Ayres, Zamboni driver, kidney transplant recipient, emergency backup goalie… gets called into the game in the second period in Toronto when Carolina loses both James Reimer and Petr Mrazek to injury. AND HE WINS. Incredible.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: tomorrow, maybe, but we’ll see.