- Who, when, whatever: Marlies at Sound Tigers, Arena at Harbor Yard, Bridgeport, Wednesday, 7 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Marlies / Todd Crocker
- Box score: Yes (R: Curtin, Tufts; L: K.Briganti, E.Ernst)
- Game notes: ………..look, stuff kinda went to heck here yesterday. After a fun and semi-historic, if long, day Monday, we got up Tuesday and found none of Monday mattered and the state hockey, basketball and boys swimming championships were all done. Bagged. Cancelled, not postponed, because of the coronavirus. Reaction was passionate and emotional and kinda gutsy and, well, ultimately, hard to tell how history will judge it just yet. That was all going down as Sound Tigers practice was going on. So did I watch a second of practice? Not really. I know Simon Holmstrom skated after sitting out Sunday; he blocked a few shots Saturday. Cedric Lacroix is said to be out four to six weeks after that fight Saturday night in Wilkes-Barre; that takes him pretty much to the end of the season. This is meanwhile a scheduled tweet, and I’m hoping I can scramble the weekly package together in the gaps. Interesting times, friendly neighbors. (To my knowledge, no talk yet of any changes to anything Sound Tigers-game-related because of the coronavirus. Matt Carkner and Bernie Cassell did jokingly ask me to stand further down the hall.) Matt Lorito and coach Greg Moore return tonight; Jordan Schmaltz meets his old buddies.
- Meh, what else is going on: Good news up in Massachusetts: Kelli and Mike Cornell had Baby No. 2 on Monday. Congratulations to mom, dad and new big sister. Sacred Heart has a home playoff series this weekend, Thursday, Friday and *Sunday nights. Get out and watch, if they’re letting people in.
- RIP, Max von Sydow.
- Adding: Via Arthur Staple, RIP, Dan Hickey, and echoing Arthur’s thoughts.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: I think we’re all day-to-day at this point. But probably Saturday for Stand Up 2 Cancer weekend. Hoping to get a good story done in the lead-up.
Sound Tigers (Bardreau: upper body) are something like
F: Holmstrom-St. Denis-Schilkey
— Michael Fornabaio (@fornabaioctp) March 11, 2020